Jenny Brown became Jenny Green after meeting a boy named David

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Couponing

2014 is going to be a big year for David and I. We are determined to focus on the bettering our selves and our souls. We have come up with a few goals we are working toward this year and I look forward to seeing us accomplish these in time (even it takes more than a year). They include, reading our Bibles cover-to-cover, running a 10K/reaching our goal weight, and paying off at least two student loans. Although all are important, our financial goals will be the focus of my blog for a little while. I am working my way through Dave Ramsey's financial work books and through careful planning, David and I have come up with a budget that will allow us to pay our bills, save, spend some fun money, and pay off our loans. We are focused and determined, but mostly excited.

One way that I have been helping us save extra money, and something I am finding a lot of passion in, is couponing. I'm sure you've heard of it, but when watching TLC's Extreme Couponing, I couldn't help but feel inspired. Yes, there are extreme cases. No, I will not have 100 bottles of shaving cream and 300 bottles of mouth wash. But I am clipping coupons and putting them in my coupon binder. I am checking out deals daily on my two favorite Coupon blogs (Frugal Living NW and The Krazy Coupon Lady). I am stockpiling the items I know we will use and I am helping our little family get out of debt faster by doing so. 

That being said, I thought I'd share some of my deals on here. Maybe it will help you see that "normal" people can coupon and end up saving a lot of money by doing so. If you have specific questions, need help or explanations, please let me know. I'd be happy to answer questions or point you to helpful resources. 

Here's to a happy, healthy and frugal 2014! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment