Jenny Brown became Jenny Green after meeting a boy named David

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Starts in the Kitchen

Happy Tuesday everyone! I hope this day finds everyone well. I had the wonderful luxury of sleeping in today! A day off from work is usually my chance to catch up on all the sleep I miss throughout the other five days of the week.

Today I get to meet up with a friend before her and her new husband move to California to begin their life together. I had the privilege of attending their wedding with David this Friday and it was magical! I am SO happy for them and can't wait to follow their lives via Facebook and Instagram.

David and I are increasingly excited to see our weight loss journey take off. We plan on starting full-force on Saturday. We plan to stick to a "lean and green" style diet, drink a TON of water, get lots of sleep, and incorporate exercise along the way. I've seen a post on Pinterest that says, "70% of weight loss is in the kitchen. 30% is in the gym." If that is true, shouldn't we be putting more of a focus on what we put into our bodies, rather than what we are trying to accomplish in the gym?

I have noticed in previous weight loss attempts, when David and I focused on putting healthy, lean, fresh food in our bodies, we were more energetic, happier, and the numbers on the scale literally couldn't fall fast enough.

Then we got lazy. With both of us working retail, it is SO much easier to drive through Taco Bell, grab Subway, order a pizza, or run to Red Robin.

But is "easier" worth us giving up our dreams of reaching our weight loss goals? For a while, I would have answered an embarrassed "yes."

But.Not.Anymore.

I made myself a promise (like so many of us) to lose weight in 2012. I still have 3 whole months to make dramatic changes to myself, and it all starts in the kitchen.



1 comment:

  1. So proud of you guys for putting your health first. It will make an amazing difference in your marriage, in your own lives as individuals, and in the lives of your future family! One day at a time, one choice at a time. You got this!

    ReplyDelete