Jenny Brown became Jenny Green after meeting a boy named David

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Change is in the Air


Wow, what a whirlwind of a summer this has been. With the cooler days coming soon, we are on the brink of change. I should say I hope the cooler weather is coming. I love summer. LOVE summer. But this summer has been especially toasty and I’m ready for some cooler temperatures. Anyone with me?

This summer has been so fun though. Between moving into our first home, David settling into a new store for work, and a number of fun events, weekend trips, and so on, I am ready for a little break. But not before one more big change!


I quit my job. 


I have been with Opus for 15 months as the Promotional Production Coordinator. I really love the position; however, due to growth constraints and my eagerness to climb the professional ladder, Opus was no longer a great fit for me. 

Our friend reached out to us about a Marketing Coordinator position that had opened up at the company he works for. It sounded too good to be true! It would combine my love for copy writing and editing for various mediums (print, social, broadcast for example), with design and coordinating. In early June, I eagerly sent in my resume and cover letter and waited for a response.  

I heard back on the Fourth of July, asking me to come in for an interview. I went in on and had a great conversation, which was quickly followed up with a second phone interview the next day. Finally, I had a writing test which was probably the most fun interview I’ve ever had. I got to write, design and edit different things they presented to me. Then the Pivot team went on vacation. I did not hear back until late August when they all returned and asked for my reference information.

It is funny how God’s timing is always perfect, even if it means we have to be patient. If I would have heard back from Pivot immediately, we would have lost our house (you aren’t supposed to change jobs during a loan process, FYI). It worked out perfectly because we were able to close on our house and move in before any job-related changes happened. Funny how it always works out. :)

On September 4, while standing on the beach for David’s birthday, I received a job offer and excitedly accepted it on September 5. 

My first day as a Marketing Coordinator is on Monday, September 22 and I am so excited and eager to start. I really believe it’s going to be an awesome career move for me and will allow me to use my passions and my degree to do what I love. 

I know there will be challenges and a lot to learn but I am excited and I can’t wait to see where this adventure takes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment